WoWS Devblog 7/3高爆穿甲弹个机制变动
– Plating of the central part for tier VI – VII cruisers is brought to the value of 25 mm. This will cause the ricochet of shells with a caliber up to 357 mm. If existing plating or armor belt is thicker than 25mm, it won’t be changed;
– Plating of central part for tiers VIII – IX cruisers is brought to the value of 27 mm. This will cause the ricochet of shells with a caliber up to 386 mm. But battleships will still be able to penetrate ships’ bow and aft ends, because only the plating of the central part is changed. If the existing plating or armor belt was thicker, it won’t be changed;
– Plating of central part for tier X cruisers is brought to the value of 30 mm. This will cause the ricochet of shells with caliber up to 429 mm. Armor belts thicker than 30 mm will not be changed;
– Plating of bow and aft ends of cruisers with a caliber of main guns lower than 200 mm is made thinner than before: 13 mm for tiers VI – VII, 16 mm for tiers VIII – X;
– For tiers VIII – X cruisers with 152 – 155 mm main caliber guns, the penetration of HE shells is brought to the value of 1/5 of the caliber. This will allow them to penetrate same tier cruisers;
– Now, HE shells of most ships penetrate the armor, thinner than 1/6 of the caliber. This rule is changed from “lower” to “equal or lower”. Thus 152 mm shells will penetrate 25 mm plating;
– Plating of tiers VI – VII battleships is brought to the value of 26 mm. This will keep interactions within the class, and between classes, intact considering changes to the HE shells penetration: 152 mm with penetration of 1/6 of the caliber won’t penetrate the new plating of 26 mm;
– Inertial Fuse for HE shells skill is increasing the penetration of HE shells by 20% and lowers the probability of causing fire by 50%.
Changes to plating will make tiers VI – IX cruisers a bit more resistant to the battleships fire when angled properly and will encourage good positioning, similarly to tier X cruisers.
Changes of HE penetration will allow us to unify the interaction of classes: cruisers will always penetrate same tier cruisers with HE shells even without Inertia Fuse. Using this skill on cruisers with 150-155 mm guns will be able to penetrate same tier battleships.